Syd is a dynamic, engaging and experienced broadcaster with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals. A former qualified science teacher, Syd has worked in some of the top private, state and grammar schools around the West Midlands. She holds a MSci in Theoretical Physics and Applied Mathematics from the University of Birmingham and a PGDipEd from the King Edward’s Consortium.
Syd founded Femtinos where she is the Creative Director and main Science Communicator, delivering science workshops, courses and keynote speeches to audiences from children to professionals.
Syd has over 140 hours of live broadcast experience on a community FM radio station where she reached out to and interviewed over 100 guests to participate in interviews,
As a broadcaster, Syd was able to:
- Attract guests from all over the UK (and further afield) opening up the station to new audiences, including but not limited to researchers, academics and professionals in the science, medical, research, engineering, space, educational and business sectors, as well as children!
- Engage audiences and listeners, through phone call-ins reaching upto 20 calls an hour.
- Make complex topics accessible to the average listener through dynamic delivery
- Create the most popular show on the station!
- Science with Syd radio has been selected as a finalist for the Birmingham Awards 2019 in the Excellence in Media Awards of the Year.